Warrington match

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Warrington match

Post by CarefulWithThatAxe on 15/8/2017, 22:43

A bit scrappy, not a lot of chances either end, 2-2 a fair result. Two excellent goals, their first and Gavin's second, in stoppage time - we have a new star striker!!

Oliver Wood looked horribly lonely on his own up front. It's hard to tell whether he is good enough - he saw so little of the ball. We need two up front. Hannu Tam should be in from the start.

Otherwise everyone did OK, nobody really stood out, except perhaps Ricky Mercer.

CarefulWithThatAxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Warrington match

Post by LFC-LCFC on 15/8/2017, 23:29

I'm not a huge fan of a lone striker in any formation in any situation, but we have played two strong teams so maybe it's a case of finding our feet before pushing on with two.

Let's not forget, we played with one up front for the first few months last season! That being said, we look blunted as anything up front in the last two games. Creating just a handful of chances in 180+ minutes of football isn't the best of starts...yet we're 5th with 4 points out of 6.

Can't complain really! Very Happy I'd just rather we took it to teams a little bit. They're better than what we faced last season, but nothing we can't throw two strikers at and beat.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themaclad on 16/8/2017, 10:22

Copied link to Twitter to tryand encourage others to visit forum
themaclad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobycarvery on 16/8/2017, 10:55

Didn't see last night's game but four goals in two games against promotion hopefuls seems a decent return. We had only one point at this stage last season and won the league remember. PB did want to see more goals from the rest of the side and he's got that so far.Reasons to be cheerful part one.

Tobycarvery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 16/8/2017, 11:13

A good well earned point against a Warrington side that will be up there at the end of the season. Thought Mercer and Clark were impressive though Steel was my MOTM who was excellent. The goalkeeping issue is a little concerning if not a problem at present. Chris Cheetham is a very good shot stopper but seems to stay on his line when he should come out and vice versa. Not a fan of one up top as others have said and Olly Wood looks a bit peeved up there too. But 4 points out of 6 is great start and Brownie is the man. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to Saturday and the unveiling.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Jimmy on 16/8/2017, 14:46

I hear what your saying pal but hopefully for Chris it's just teething problems and more a case of just settling in with his new club. I always feel that it's harder for strikers and keepers to settle in than anyone else as they are under the spotlight immediately. Coupled wth the fact that due to the Lancaster/Kendal connection the Bailey boys, Dugdale and possibly Scott Harries and Olly Wood know the lads that were already here making the transition of new club/ new division a little easier. The other thing is that regarding goalkeepers we have been spoilt to some extent as despite our struggles at times we have always had good keepers. Willie Holdsworth, Gaz Hudson, Glenn, Wolfie, Martin and Mike. Like I said, hopefully it's just a case of settling in, not just for Chris but for all the new lads.

Doctor Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasher on 16/8/2017, 20:35

I thought that Warrington looked like a good side & was happy to get a point from this game. Having said that, other than the goals (about which he could do very little) Chris only made one notable save. I also thought we looked a lot more solid defending corners & freekicks into the box. I was behind the goal when Ricky Mercer met Billy's corner & couldn't believe it didn't go in!
I'm not at all excited by playing 4-5-1, but 4 points from 2 games explains why we're doing it. I'm hoping we'll be a little more adventurous on Saturday.
A definite improvement in the standard of footabll
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum