Shaw Lane

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Shaw Lane

Post by alasher on 10/9/2017, 15:41

Thought we played well yesterday. We've begun to turn possession into chances, but are still looking relatively solid at the back even with the enforced changes that were made yesterday. Thought CC had his best game of the season so far yesterday, but everyone played well. Don't get Mr Casual's criticism of Josh Powell at all. I think he's made the No 1 shirt his own with his performances. Also thought Meulensteen looked very promising during his cameo, strong, resilient,aware of game management.
As I've mention criticism, I agree with SLP, & also have to make a confession. I have moaned about Ollie Wood (although not to the extent of sarcastic applause), however I also noticed a marked improvement yesterday. Sometimes his movement & attempts at linking with the midfield were pretty good & tbh some of the crosses & long balls that were sent in his general direction were pretty dire. Hopefully he will link with Meulensteen
alasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acasualview on 11/9/2017, 15:39

A good game and a great result.
I am not overly critizing either keeper, but both have yet to start commanding the back, both are abit flappy at corners and the distribution is sometimes poor. Big pair of gloves to fill but hopefully the competition for the shirt will sharpen them up.
Ollie Wood scored goals last season so either we are not creating his sort of chances or we should have also bought whoever was giving him assists. Sometimes the ball is played to him when he is all alone and with alot of pitch ahead of him. If we could move the point of sending the delivery further up the pitch, as happened on the first goal, we may create better chances for everyone.

acasualview

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparrows left peg on 11/9/2017, 17:28

Not overly criticizing Josh Powell ? I'm surprised you're criticizing him at all, he's hardly put a foot wrong. He's a young keeper who was thrown in at the deep end and I'd be surprised if Chris Cheetham got his place back.

sparrows left peg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum