View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

default Lies, Damn lies etc

on 8/10/2017, 06:59
According to the Evostik website Warrington game was our third successive defeat, did I miss one?

PS Where is everybody?
View user profile

default Re: Lies, Damn lies etc

on 8/10/2017, 08:03
They get this sort of thing wrong regularly. A number of times this season the league website and even the press have made mistakes. Good to see us get back to winning ways yesterday though especially away from home and keeping a clean sheet. Don't know much about the new lad Sam Hibbert other than he played for one of the Northwich teams and is considered to be a defensive midfielder/defender. I did notice that Charlie Bailey want in the squad yesterday despite him playing for the reserves on Thursday and also Melle Meulensteen was also missing. Good to see Ricky back though but surprising to see Hannu on the bench after the kick he got right at the end of Thursdays reserve team match which left him limping quite badly.
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 09:30
A decent performance I thought against a poor Sutton side. They had a couple of chances first half but once we got our noses in front we never really looked in danger of conceding. We didn't hit the heights of some recent performances, but didn't need to. Job well done.
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 10:06
We've signed two players, apparently. Sam Hibbert, who played yesterday and according to the Evo site, Steve Williams on a dual-registration with Alfreton Town. A 30-year old centre-back, released by AFC Fylde. Highly rated, again apparently, so will we ever see him ? Went to the reserves on Thursday and Charlie Bailey, Billy Akrigg, Hannu Tam and Ben Hudson were all playing, to be fair none of them really shone.
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 10:59
Here's Steve Williams wiki page. Towering centre half who last played at Fylde last term so he's got the credentials. Also works as a barber. Not that that should concern you Dicko Laughing I think regarding Williams it will all depend on how often Alfreton, who play in the National Conference North, use him as to how often will see him here rather than vice versa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Williams_(footballer,_born_1987)
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 12:27
Lancaster and Alfreton? Seems a strange pairing, 140 miles apart!

The league website invites us to watch highlights of the Sutton Coldfield game. They aren't there for me, can anyone else see them? The Belper ones in the first division are there.
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 12:41
The only highlights from our game are early on in the match. They seemed to stop at half time
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 12:56
As I recall, there weren't many highlights to record.
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 13:13
Tobycarvery wrote:As I recall, there weren't many highlights to record.

I was hoping to see the goals!
View user profile

on 8/10/2017, 13:22
They must've seen it coming and stopped filming at half time lol.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum