View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

default Coalville

on 19/11/2017, 09:25
I thought this was a decent game, Coalville didn't look too bad,.....apart from not being able to defend very well Shocked Both sides played some decent football, Lancaster wasted early chances again before being made to pay when BA lost possession in midfield & a confident finish gave Josh Powell no chance. Two decent finishes from Craig Carney gave the Dollies a 2-1 ht lead, & he should've sealed a hat trick with a header on the stroke of ht A decent finish from Winder after a cross-field ball that wasn't dealt with by a dodgy defence, & C Bailey first touch to convert an S Bailey cross, which again should've been cut out gave the Dollies the lead they deserved before a late deflected Coalville effort was adjudged to have cross the line to make the final score 4-2.
I thought their #8 & #10 looked decent players, their keeper made some decent saves to keep them in it. Think we still need a genuine goal scorer, because we wont always get so many chances in a game,although it's good to see goals coming from midfield
View user profile

default Re: Coalville

on 19/11/2017, 12:03
Even though we were ahead 2-1, I thought the game changed when Sam Bailey came on and Ryan Winder switched sides. We looked more confident going forward and settled on the ball. How Sam doesn't start is beyond me but we got the points so hey ho. Good to see Charlie get some more game time and get his first goal but I agree I think we need a goalscorer. Hannu Tam ran his socks off but he's not a number 9 IMO. Kurt Willoughby at Clitheroe is worth a punt but can he do it at this level. Irony, Oliver Wood scored an injury time equaliser for Colne yesterday but to be fair he wasn't good enough for us. Anyhoose onto the Trophy COYDB
View user profile

on 20/11/2017, 11:07
Not sure what Sam has to do to start games! Harries flatters to deceive - looks good at times but with little end product and has become increasingly ineffective. I agree that we looked much better when Sam came on and Ryan went on to the left. Sam drives us forward and him,Craig and Ryan give us a real goal threat from midfield. This means we don't necessarily need an out and out goalscorer up front but rather someone who can hold the ball up and lay it off to the runners.
View user profile

on 20/11/2017, 11:19
A word for the young full back Fensome. Their number 11 gave him a testing time early on but he wasn't phased, got to grips with it and had a good game. Reads the game well and looks a good player.
View user profile

on 20/11/2017, 11:46
leftleg wrote:A word for the young full back Fensome. Their number 11 gave him a testing time early on but he wasn't phased, got to grips with it and had a good game. Reads the game well and looks a good player.

Good job his youth team manager was watching the game. Agree with Steve, Coalville were decent going forward but like Stratford last week clueless against crosses from either flank
View user profile

on 20/11/2017, 14:08
leftleg wrote:Not sure what Sam has to do to start games! Harries flatters to deceive - looks good at times but with little end product and has become increasingly ineffective.

My thoughts exactly.
View user profile

on 20/11/2017, 15:00
No argument from me on the Sam Bailey issue he should be one of the first names on the team sheet and I agree totally regarding Scott Harries, he has started 21 games and has yet to register a goal whereas Sam Bailey has started 11 games and scored 3 - as one neutral supporter said to me a couple of games back ' Brown does seem to have his favourites don't you think?'
By the way does anyone know why Ricky has apparently lost the Captaincy to Craig Carney - never really saw Carney as a captain.
View user profile

on 22/11/2017, 16:05
Presumably only Phil can answer the captaincy question. My theory, which may be totally wrong, is that Ricky's injury problem makes him sometimes a doubtful starter.
View user profile

on 23/11/2017, 19:11
distantmusic wrote:No argument from me on the Sam Bailey issue he should be one of the first names on the team sheet and I agree totally regarding Scott Harries, he has started 21 games and has yet to register a goal whereas Sam Bailey has started 11 games and scored 3 - as one neutral supporter said to me a couple of games back ' Brown does seem to have his favourites don't you think?'
By the way does anyone know why Ricky has apparently lost the Captaincy to Craig Carney - never really saw Carney as a captain.

And the rest
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum