Go down
View user profile

default Mildenhall

on 22/11/2017, 19:49
Saturday's game must be in doubt already with the amount of rain that has fallen, don't you think? Don't think the forecast is too good for the rest of the week, potentially compounding the problem.
View user profile

default Re: Mildenhall

on 22/11/2017, 21:58
In the past few years we've had an issue with draining in the near Main Stand corner of the pitch. This has, so I believe, been rectified so we should return to our previous levels of rarely seeing a game postponed.

The pitch was fine today. If the draining has returned to full capacity then we'd only need a couple of hours of lighter rain for any surface water to drain.

Friday is supposed to be dry with light rain possible Saturday. Game isn't in doubt as it stands.

#COYDB

View user profile

on 25/11/2017, 22:08
Well, that was hard work, wasn't it? They must be gutted not to be taking us back to their place. Great finish from Killer, but I think that was our only shot on target?
Bit of food for thought for the Sam Bailey fan club, we didn't look any better when he came on, & in fact I thought it weakened us as it reduced one of our best player's influence when Winder was switched the left. I'm glad I don't have to pick our side anyway!
Williams MOTM for me.....can only assume the choice announced was to promote the possibility of getting more players on loan from PNE?
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 00:20
alasher wrote:Well, that was hard work, wasn't it? They must be gutted not to be taking us back to their place. Great finish from Killer, but I think that was our only shot on target?
Bit of food for thought for the Sam Bailey fan club, we didn't look any better when he came on, & in fact I thought it weakened us as it reduced one of our best player's influence when Winder was switched the left. I'm glad I don't have to pick our side anyway!
Williams MOTM for me.....can only assume the choice announced was to promote the possibility of getting more players on loan from PNE?

I've been calling for Bailey to be starting, but he was poor when he came on today. Didn't change my mind though.

Mildenhall weren't bad but not good enough that they should have been worrying us as much as they did. Pitch was tough.

Williams is class mate.

A word on Scott Harries- never have I seen such a good player actually do so little. He's like Gerard Deulofeu.
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 07:09
Totally agree on Williams. I would however still start Sam Bailey as I feel he has done more to deserve a place in the starting lineup than SH on current form. Fensome I felt had a good game again but I have a feeling that he may be at the end of his loan spell, in fact I felt the whole backline played reasonably well, Dugdale hasn't had a poor game all season from what I've seen. We just didn't offer very much going forward and as hard as Hannu works Tom for me gives us that bit more in terms of class and composure although I realise that work commitments have made it harder for Phil to pick him as regularly as perhaps he or we would like. I would like to have seen Melle given an earlier run or even get a start as he may have been able to put some balls through from midfield instead of the high ones that we were feeding our forwards.  However a win is a win and and £5000 isn't to be sniffed at so hopefully a nice home draw in the next round against a team such as Barrow will be our reward, saying that any home draw would do. As was said, it must be hard work picking the team and it'll get harder when Glen and Gav return, and given Phil's record since he returned as boss I don't suppose we should have much complaint. Either way onwards and upwards at the Cathedral on the Marsh. COYDB

Last edited by Doctor Jimmy on 26/11/2017, 09:25; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 09:11
Never thought we looked like scoring but fair play to Killer, took it superbly though they wanted offside. I speak for myself, but know others agree, PB clearly has his favourites. On current form, Harries should be nowhere near that side. Sam Bailey didn't make a difference yesterday but it's hard to criticize a fellow who get's half an hour here and there. He changed the game last week IMO. What was the point in signing Charlie Bailey if he goes out and gets Meulensteen in on loan. I feel for the young kid, there were clubs higher up who wanted him. We have a right-back in Ben Hudson, who was beginning to play well and in comes Fensome. Both the PNE players are decent but we already had the players in their positions. Anyway gripe over. We are through, just. Just a few of words for Mildenhall and their fans, thought they were both superb. Orient away please. COYDB
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 17:10
Just a thought..... personally I don't like to hear our supporters criticising players during the course of a game. That's what things like the forum are for. Can't do anyone's confidence any good to have their efforts dissed while trying their hardest, even if whatever they're trying fails miserably I'm sure they're at least as aware as we are. I wouldn't like someone watching me work & shouting at me if I make a mistake. Just my opinion.
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 18:19
That's why i'm doing it on here....agree with you. Somebody shouted out You're F....... S... Harries yesterday as he lost the ball.....totally out of order.
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 21:31
The clue to what being a supporter means is in the name! You support during the game then if you want a go at being the manager you come on the forum and express your opinions in a civilised manner. We all think we can do better even if we aren't aware of all the factors that a manager has to take into account. I think that Sam should be in the side. I think Harries shouldn't. I think we're a better side when Killer plays. I would like to see Meulensteen get some more time again. However, I'm also aware that Phil knows a helluva lot more than I do. I think his record since he came in stands up, doesn't it?
View user profile

on 26/11/2017, 21:37
Totally agree. Nobody's having a go at Phil, he won us the league. It's just frustrating players are not being a chance or a run in the side.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum