Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

default Can we?

on 9/2/2020, 11:06
...stay in contention for the playoffs? Maybe even the title? For the size of our budget we are clearly over-achieving, but can we maintain this for the next thirteen games? Mark suggested in Friday's S/C newsletter that eleven from fourteen might win the league, but sides around us are beginning to drop points. Does that change much?
I wasn't surprised at our (brief) dip after the Shields loss, but their win seems to have done them more damage going on recent form..
Any thoughts anyone?
BigDD

default Re: Can we?

on 9/2/2020, 13:17
Overachieving on the pitch and woefully behind off it.
alasher
alasher

on 9/2/2020, 14:56
Indeed! Need folk to help out behind the scenes,where everything is done by very few people
DollyTillIDie

on 9/2/2020, 16:37
Course we can. No playoffs now would be a travesty
BigDD

on 9/2/2020, 19:35
Club would last 5 minutes in the National League North with the structure off the pitch. Why is this manager not on a contract? He’ll be on several clubs radar now. What upgrades is the ground going to need? We can’t manage segregation I doubt, and that’s all before the need for a much inflated wage budget to be competitive.
alasher
alasher

on 10/2/2020, 21:07
The original question was "can we stay in contention for a promotion place"

As for BigDD's points, I agree with most of them. We can ( & have, think Cambridge in the FAC) employ segregation, but is that really what is needed? What we want? I for one like to mix with away supporters. While I'm on this point, the stewarding is done by an outside firm, who were very remiss at the SS game. There was only one potential area where a confrontation could take place in the second half. I'm pretty sure that had the stewards been in that area that the situation would've been defused before it escalated.

As I said before, most of the matchday duties are carried out by volunteers, and we need more of them to improve the matchday experience for everyone. It's all down to money.....we can't afford to pay anyone. That's probably the reason that MF & GL (& most of the players)aren't on contract Anyone got some money to chuck in???
I don't doubt that there will be numerous improvements that will need to be made for us to be eligible for promotion. There are probably jobs that need doing just to stay in the division we're currently in.
We're one of the lowest payers in tis division, we'd be miles & miles behind a level up. I'd like us to go up, but not at the cost of bankrupting the club.
South of the river

on 12/2/2020, 11:33
BigDD wrote:Club would last 5 minutes in the National League North with the structure off the pitch. Why is this manager not on a contract? He’ll be on several clubs radar now. What upgrades is the ground going to need? We can’t manage segregation I doubt, and that’s all before the need for a much inflated wage budget to be competitive.

[The Spennymoor result showed that we would struggle in the league above and there are certain financial and administrative problems.  However, the players clearly don't enter the field with these thoughts swimming around in their heads.  They will do their utmost to maintain and improve the current position .  Let's enjoy the current success and avoid the negativity Mr. Big.  I'm sure that Chorley didn't ponder over and fret that they might be in for a bit of a nightmare season when promotion was beckoning.  One never knows what's round the corner. COYDB
South of the river

on 29/2/2020, 18:50
Tuesday's and today's results would indicate that it's a 'no.'
alasher
alasher

on 29/2/2020, 19:00
I concur. Been a good ride though
Old Fan

on 29/2/2020, 21:22
Agreed although we can live in hope for,say, the fifth play off place. After all as it says in this weeks supporters newsletter other teams have lots of games to play in a short time and play each other. Today’s example of Warrintons 4-4 draw being dropped points for two of our competitors.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum