Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

default Nantwich

on 22/2/2020, 12:06
Now that the game is on today I can say what a big game it is. The Dabbers are one of the form teams in the division, sit in fifth place & could overtake us should they win their games in hand. On top of that, we've haven't taken a point from our five previous league meetings in this division. It's all on the line today! Doubtlessly the wind will play a big part in the game, but fingers crossed for a home win
Old Fan

default Re: Nantwich

on 22/2/2020, 19:29
Well-at least we have now taken a point of Nantwich. Onwards and upwards!

Overall I think we spent more time in their half than they did in ours for a game totally dominated by the wind. But squeaky bum time again towards the end when they hit the bar and had a couple of free kicks outside our penalty area.

The tannoy didn't seem to be working very well today. Are we at home on Tuesday or not? The Bet Victor site says we are playing Whitby but the main club site doesn't show that game.
alasher
alasher

on 22/2/2020, 20:14
We ARE at home to Whitby on Tuesday
alasher
alasher

on 23/2/2020, 16:47
I thought that Nantwich were a very good side, and we did well to get a point out of this game. They had probably the best chances, when one of theirs tried to lob Sam when he might've been better served by tying just to beat him with a shot, amd hitting the bar late on from a free kick. There were a few penalty box scrambles in the last five minutes, but other than that we did well against a good side with some good players. Apart from Jack Armer's long run & good shot, I can't remember their keeper making a save. Am I right? Thought we looked much better when Dawson came on, although Charlie was unlucky to come off as he was playing well, but I guess it was just because of the system we were playing? Daws is the best at what he does & as I said, we looked much more dangerous with him & Cowps in the middle. It was a tough start for the new guy, hopefully we'll see more from him in the next few games. I think we miss Blinks badly, hope he's fit soon
DollyTillIDie

on 24/2/2020, 09:45
The two sides did well to make a game of it in those conditions. Feel like we coulda been seen off if they were allowed to play a bit more
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum