Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

default First 3

on 27/9/2020, 09:42
I didn't see the Stalybridge game, but by all accounts we created numerous chances. Against Runcorn we didn't create so many, but yesterday we had enough opportunities to score three or four comfortably. I don't think that a scoring rate of two goals in three games is going to be sufficient for a playoff push, probably more like lower midtable.
Blinks hasn't been at all prolific throughout his career, so I guess that we're relying on on Killer/Turner & the midfield. The most worrying thing for me so far must be our apparent defensive frailties, despite signing a quality defender in Teeeegue
I had high hopes for this season, but from what I've seen so far I think I may be disappointed

filipinodollyblues likes this post

Old Fan

default Re: First 3

on 27/9/2020, 11:15
I agree. Accepting it is early days they do not seem to be gelling either in defence or up front. Norris seemed to be the only one with any idea yesterday.

We have lost the thrust of Jack Armer on the left side with his crosses into the box and seem to be playing three centre halves at the back. We have signed Paul Dugdale who used to be quite dynamic on the left side and put in a good measure of crosses for the forwards to benefit from. He has spent the first few games on the bench. Is he injured and not worth risking? Plus where is Ben Hudson?

My suggestion for Tuesday. Have Dugdale at left back and move Cowperthwaite into midfield. Put one of the midfielders on the bench (apart from Norris!)

alasher likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum