Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

default Re: cup fever

2/10/2013, 16:37
sparrows left peg wrote:Okay he's made a mistake. Clearly upset at being subbed but i'm sure the management will have a word. Some of the comments directed at him near me were out of order. Don't crucify him. Also some bright spark shouting for Tom Ince to be subbed after his first couple of touches left me embarrassed.
As our fan base grows it's inevitable this sort of thing becomes a bit less uncommon. Think some of the criticism directed at Mahoney aren't completely unfounded however. Walking off the pitch and costing us almost a minute of playing time was inexcusable. If I was head coach he wouldn't be in my team on Saturday after that.

Think all three subs Akrigg, Ince and Sawicki all made a huge difference. Akrigg would be in my starting XI on Saturday as would Ince.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more of Sawicki as well. He played a full 90 minutes for the reserves just 24 hours earlier and scored a brace. Rapid pace.

2/10/2013, 16:59
Subs often make a big difference simply because they come on fresh and full of energy when those around them are tiring. Good management of substitutes is what can distinguish a good manager from a poor one. It doesn't necessarily mean that the subs are better players than the ones they replace.

Having said that, I agree that all three subs played well, and I would like to see Ince start instead of Wearing, who isn't quite good enough in my mind to warrant a starting position. This would also allow Kilifin to play as our main striker which will suit him better, though I would still like to see Liley given a go. I know that pre-season friendlies aren't always a good guide to competitive football, but from what we saw then he could be our best number 9.
South of the river

2/10/2013, 17:06
[quote="sparrows left peg"]Okay he's made a mistake. Clearly upset at being subbed but i'm sure the management will have a word. Some of the comments directed at him near me were out of order. Don't crucify him. Also some bright spark shouting for Tom Ince to be subbed after his first couple of touches left me embarrassed.[/quote]

On which part of the ground was one situated ?
gaz1889

2/10/2013, 17:16
So what was the crowd?
Never seem to be able find cup crowds on the website

2/10/2013, 17:24
gaz1889

2/10/2013, 18:13
themaclad wrote:249
Cheers.
Thought it'd be a few more than that

2/10/2013, 18:46
Don't mean to sound very skeptical but I thought Akrigg had a few very poor touches in good positions
Shrimpsmakemeill

2/10/2013, 19:19
gaz1889 wrote:So what was the crowd?
Never seem to be able find cup crowds on the website
They're always on the EVO STIK website, usually within an hour of the game ending:-

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/results.php
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

2/10/2013, 19:54
As soon as I saw the busy car park I thought "ah, people have come to watch us, this isn't going to end well" and sure enough. First half I thought was pretty even but they got the goal. Then most of the second half bar the last 10 minutes we were pretty dreadful. With the exception of Hunter, the appalling lack of a decent first touch was bad even for this level. Hopefully just one of those nights. The Mahoney going off thing hadn't registered I was too busy reflecting on how disappointing he was on the pitch. I've spoken about Simon Wills before, bless him, if he could play football he'd be quite a player, but he can't so a lot breaks down at his feet. Ince is a good player that should improve attacking side of things when he is starting. Simon Wearing is raw and has promise, but looks out of his depth at the minute in terms of being the No 9. Hopefully he is a quick learner.

2/10/2013, 20:31
This forum's always more active when we lose Neutral 

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum