Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

default Padiham

24/9/2014, 13:56
....we made chances,but simply didnt convert them & so kill the game off. This was one we should've won by a country mile,but I dont think that these two dropped points will be the reason we dont make the play offs this time round. Wonder how the line-up that finished the game last night might fare on Saturday???
South of the river

default Re: Padiham

24/9/2014, 16:05
Are you saying that we are going to get turned over on Saturday Lash ?
South of the river

24/9/2014, 16:10
alasher wrote:....we made chances,but simply didnt convert them & so kill the game off. This was one we should've won by a country mile,but I dont think that these two dropped points will be the reason we dont make the play offs this time round. Wonder how the line-up that finished the game last night might fare on Saturday???

On another night the shots for their second and third goals would have ended up in the car park and the first was simply an error. It was just one of "those nights."
alasher
alasher

24/9/2014, 16:57
South of the river wrote:Are you saying that we are going to get turned over on Saturday Lash ?

If the 11 that finished start,then yes
alasher
alasher

24/9/2014, 17:00
South of the river wrote:
alasher wrote:....we made chances,but simply didnt convert them & so kill the game off. This was one we should've won by a country mile,but I dont think that these two dropped points will be the reason we dont make the play offs this time round. Wonder how the line-up that finished the game last night might fare on Saturday???

On another night the shots for their second and third goals would have ended up in the car park and the first was simply an error.  It was just one of "those nights."

If we had converted 50% of the chances that we made,it wouldnt have mattered where those 2 shots (or another 3 or 4 of them for that matter) ended up.As for the first goal,it was a mistake,but I would in no way blame Mike Hale,he has made more than enough important saves to be allowed the odd mistake.
Tobycarvery

25/9/2014, 09:00
As I wasn't there, I can't comment on the game itself, but one point picked up and 12 goals conceded against supposedly inferior opposition speaks for itself. I accept that we had enforced changes in defence, but a team at the bottom of the league who previously had scored only 9 goals shouldn't have got anything out of that game. Having said that, 45 goals in our 10 games so far certainly makes for entertaining watching. Maybe more people will realise this and get down to watch.
distantmusic

26/9/2014, 09:51
As frustrating as Tuesday night was it did at least highlight the fact that, as Darren said at his meetings with the fans, when we are without key players we are likely to be stretched too thin. When the team was announced it was clear we were struggling and when we were 3-1 up it seemed we had got away with it but Jacob's injury and the enforced re-shuffle that followed, rightly or wrongly, exposed the cracks. I have no doubt that Tuesday night's outcome will be repeated unless the Board can find some way of making more money available for the team, I sense there is an undercurrent of frustration on all sides and it bothers me that sooner or later some of our more established players will succumb to that frustration and look elsewhere.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum