Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

default Re: Where is Tom Kilifin?

19/11/2014, 16:28
Tobycarvery wrote:Is this fact or rumour? Can anyone confirm that he has signed for them? How many strikers do they need? Kendal's website only features an item about Connie signing a contract. Wonder when he'll go back to Oz though!
It was being alleged last night that Tom has gone and that Them up the Road are paying him double his wages here, but definite news is as elusive as ever. "How many strikers do they need?" is a fair question: in fact, how many players do they need, as they are alleged to be chasing Sam Bailey? They are creating the impression of signing players to deprive other clubs of them: their behaviour seems unneighbourly, to say the least. I will attempt to find out something definite from Stuart H, assuming he knows.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/11/2014, 19:03
Nothing is sorted either way yet regarding TK. I know the club is usually terrible at releasing news like this but there's no definite news to release...yet. Only one fact at the moment and that is any player on a contract with us can't just walk away to another club offering £££s.

A team can only put 7 days notice on one of our players each month. Those are the league/FA rules. It would be wise they are adhered to by other clubs.

So long as goal and assist machine Aaron Taylor is still a Dolly I'm not bothered. That's the main thing. Well on course for 30 goals all comps Cool

20/11/2014, 12:11
Thanks Jonny. My question to Stuart "is there any news?" simply elicited the reply "'fraid not".
cityuntilidie

20/11/2014, 15:23
Hope he is staying with us training tonight and also playing Saturday
Shrimpsmakemeill

20/11/2014, 16:51
cityuntilidie wrote:I always thought Tom was Lancaster through and through like Neil. How are we ever going to get out of this division when clubs no better than us can take our players. Could Understand it if it was a Conference North team or higher but Kendal. Darren has made Tom a far better player than he was before and Billy Akrigg and Aaron Taylor have come on leaps and bounds this season. It must be frustrating for Darren putting the work in to improve them to see them leave especially during the season. When I went to the meeting after Tony Hesketh was sacked I asked the question about putting promising young players on a contract so we at least got some money for them. The people who said yes are no longer at the club Hoyle and Stringfellow. I do not know if Tom was on a contract or not but if he was we should be asking for a fee.
I believe he has Lancaster roots, but didn't we sign him from Kendal (initially on loan) in the first place?

Team building must be impossible at this level, when you have other clubs on your doorstep with a few bob to spend. Two or three years ago, we even had Ambleside taking players off us. I don't suppose we can blame the player; if posters on here were working for Barclays for £20k a year and suddenly Nat West offered them £40k to do the same job then people are going to move.

Promotion is difficult enough to achieve when in recent seasons we have had "big" clubs in our league, such as FCUM, Halifax and Chester and still have Darlington in our midst. When clubs more at our level get money men behind them, such as Flyde last season and Salford this, it pushes us further back down the list. I seem to remember the only "money man" we have managed to attract (back in 2006) went bust after about ten weeks, that's if he ever had the money in the first place!
Conmac End

21/11/2014, 10:39
So, has Killer gone?

21/11/2014, 14:21
We did sign Tom on loan as you say from Kendal but I think he played for our Junior teams then went to Kendal as we had no reserve team at the time.
Brocker

21/11/2014, 17:56
Conmac End wrote:So, has Killer gone?
Maybe we will find out something tomorrow, but I wouldn't bank on it. This uncertainty isn't great for morale. I hope DP and TS have gone to work on him. They are going to make him a better player than Stringy and Swanny can hope to.
Brocker

23/11/2014, 15:47
DP's answer yesterday to the question "Has Tom Kilifin left?" "No. He is a contracted player."
Tobycarvery

24/11/2014, 08:40
Brocker wrote:DP's answer yesterday to the question "Has Tom Kilifin left?" "No. He is a contracted player."

So why isn't he playing? It would appear that we're paying him NOT to play at the moment. If he is in talks with  Mintcakes, as is rumoured, that doesn't prevent him playing for us, does it? We certainly could have done with him on Saturday.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum