Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
gaz1889

default Re: Boxing Day Derby v Kendal

29/12/2014, 11:50
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:
gaz1889 wrote:Its clear some kind of expertise is required in acquiring the necessary playing personnel to make us competitive again
My own feeling is that we already have the necessary personnel. Or at least with the players we have we shouldn't be 15th in the league. I wonder if Darren and Trevor are getting the best out of them?

I agree we've got plenty of decent young players but its difficult to work out what their best position is because the squad is small & they're being asked to fill in in unfamiliar roles.
Over the last 12 months we've lost ( or have unavailable) 6 quality/experienced players & that's bound to have an effect.
Maybe the youngsters will gel into a quality side over the next 18 months & we'll be able to start looking at the top end of the table again but I fear what's more likely is 1 or 2 will fail to develop as hoped or will be tempted away by better offers before the team can reach its full potential.

29/12/2014, 20:39
You are increasingly becoming known as "the unofficial voice of the unofficial forum" Gaz.
gaz1889

29/12/2014, 21:15
South of the river wrote:You are increasingly becoming known as "the unofficial voice of the unofficial forum" Gaz.
Is that official?

30/12/2014, 10:25
Yes, subject to ratification.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum